Understand the needs of small businesses
ShareQ SMB helps you uncover important data across the small and medium business (SMB) market. Discover the penetration of advanced telecom services, including provider share and key drivers for small businesses.
SMBs have emerged as the new battleground for providers of telecom services. Competitors – big and small, old and new – are investing strategically to grow share in this segment:
- Incumbent telcos (ILECs) are losing ground to cable and competitive LECs (CLECs),who are expanding their reach with aggressive fiber builds into business locations.
- VoIP providers – with virtually no barriers to entry – have gained a foothold to further fragment the voice market with low-price and high-feature unified communication services.
- Cloud-based services – hosting, storage/backup, security and applications – are increasingly being used by SMBs, and small cloud providers have leveled the playing field in this new service line.
- IPTV from the telcos offers an alternative to businesses who need Pay TV and previously could only choose between cable and satellite providers.
ResearchFidelity interviews SMB business owners and key employees about their telecom and media services, and applies proprietary analytical techniques to determine penetration and market share. Our data and insights help explain the growth (or decline) of specific communication services, the shifts in market share of business subscribers by provider, and the reasons businesses choose or switch providers. We customize our results by geography, industry segment and company size to highlight the distinct needs of these particular businesses.
- Legacy PSTN
- Unified Communications – integrated voicemail/email, follow-me calls
- Internet access
- BB service levels
- Cloud-based services – hosted apps, security, backup
- Pay-TV subscriptions
- Online streaming
- Premium services – movies, sports, international channels